Xerosis cutis is the medical term for abnormally dry skin. This name comes from the Greek word "xero", which means dry. Dry skin is linked to a decrease in the oils on the surface of the skin. It is usually triggered by environmental factors. The following activities or conditions may lead to dry skin:
- over-cleansing or over-scrubbing the skin,
- taking baths or showers using excessively hot water,
- bathing too frequently,
- vigorous towel-drying,
- living in areas of low humidity,
- living in areas with cold, dry winters,
- using central heating in your home or workplace,
- not drinking enough water (dehydration),
- extended sun exposure.
- Dr Michaels Skin Care Cream
- Dr Michaels Skin Care Oil
- Skin Care Cream: Always use the cream after you wash with soap. Apply on affected areas twice a day.
- Skin Care Oil: Use the body skin care oil 5–10 minutes after the cream. Apply on affected areas once or twice a day.