Nummular dermatitis (also known as Discoid eczema, Microbial eczema, Nummular eczema, and Nummular neurodermatitis) is one of the many forms of dermatitis. Also known as discoid dermatitis, it is characterized by round or oval-shaped itchy lesions. (The name comes from the Latin word "nummus," which means "coin.")
The disorder is recurrent and chronic, and may appear at any age, although it is most common in people in their 60‘s. Nummular dermatitis does not appear to be a genetic condition, is not related to food allergies, and is not contagious.
The coin-shaped patches can affect any part of the body, but the legs and buttocks are the most common areas. Flare-ups are associated with dry skin, so the winter season is a particularly bad time for those with this condition.
Other forms of dermatitis are at risk of developing.
- Dr Michaels Skin Care Gel
- Dr Michaels Skin Care Cream
- Dr Michaels Skin Care Oil
- Skin Care Gel: Apply the skin care gel on your scalp and on your body everyday while showering. Allow the gel to dry on affected areas for 3-5 minutes. Rinse off. Dry by lightly tapping on the skin.
- Skin Care Cream: Always use the cream after the gel. Apply on affected area twice a day.
- Skin Care Oil: Use the oil 5–10 minutes after the cream. Apply on affected area once or twice a day.